Saturday 24 July 2010

Long time no knit!

Casting on...

It's been a while and the reason being, I've done nothing! I hit a bit of a knitting lull.
After finishing A's never ending scarf I didn't really want to knit. Thankfully it only lasted about a week and then I got going again!

So after finishing the scarf I started some socks for A's sister (S). She asked for some a while ago and her birthday is coming up in a few months so I thought I'd get a head start and get them done way in advance.
My knitting plan for Birthdays and Christmas started on the 1st June for Birthdays and the 1st August for Christmas. I really want to have all my birthday presents finished before August and so far I'm doing well!

I've made some really good time on the socks, started on Wednesday and I've only got the foot left on the first one (good time for me...) I really love the yarn!

Opal, using the King Cole "Zig Zag" Pattern.

I'm also making myself a jumper.

Wendy, Mistral Chunky. I'm using a Wendy pattern as a guide.

I'm still working on the scarf for A's mum but as it's a Christmas present it's been put to the bottom of the list.

Me and A are in Norwich at the moment visiting my mum and dad and yesterday they all turned against me and told me I wasn't allowed to knit!... At all!... For the rest of the day, at least! They told me it was for my own good. They obviously weren't thinking about their own good... I can get pretty... lets just say... Annoyed... When I can't knit...
Note: No parents or fiances were harmed during my no knitting period
Sure I was getting mild RSI in my wrist, which could end up pretty painful if I didn't rest it but I have projects that need finishing!

Thankfully they have told me that as long as I take breaks regularly I can knit today (I think they realised I could potentially be a public health risk...) So I've got on with the socks! Hoping to have them finished before we go home.

Casting off...

No comments: