Tuesday 27 July 2010

Another year older

Casting on...

Today was my birthday! Happy birthday me!
I had a wonderful day with A, my mum and my dad.
A has been teasing me for days about what he got me and he made me open my presents in the order that would most confuse me...


Came first...
Then...

Followed by...

So I was pretty confused by this point!
Then I got these two...


Which didn't make things any clearer...
But then all was cleared up by the last two!

Got to be one of the best presents ever! A home made hand dying kit! I can't wait to get started!

My mum and dad got me a voucher for their local yarn shop Norfolk Yarns (Got to be one of my favourite yarn shops!) So I bought enough wool to make a lovely cardigan - February Lady Sweater. (Ravelry link)

Now I've had 18 birthdays and I think it's pretty safe to say that even in Manchester it tends to be sunny on the 27th July. It's nice, I like the sun and it's much more fun to shop and play (latter applying [mostly] to my younger years) when it's sunny. I've been in Norwich which is a much drier city than Manchester and I've only seen it rain twice!...

... Well three times now...


But it did make for a beautiful sunset...

I hope that today marks the start of a good year of hand dying... But not rain...

Casting off...

No comments: