Friday 6 August 2010

Goodbyes

Casting on...

Goodbye has been the main word in my vocabulary over the past few days.
Goodbye to my Church and all the people there,
Goodbye to all the kids I've been working with,
Goodbye to my hosts,
Goodbye to the house,
Goodbye to books and other little items,
And most importantly,
Goodbye to my stash! (Only until it makes its way up here in the car)

It was quite a stressful move, me and A on the train to Newcastle upon Tyne with three bags each wasn't fun.
It's the first time I've lived alone: I don't count A and N (The other guy living with us) because we are all in it for the first time!
We have been without the internet and a TV for 5 days! We can tether our phones but it's not the same...

I've not done much knitting since I've been here, too much "important" stuff to do. A is still failing to convince me that food shopping and sorting out bills could be more important than my jumper.

I did make a hat and a set of fingerless mitts. The hat still needs a pompom on top to cover the hole though. A likes making pompoms and, as I hate it, I'm quite happy for him to do it.
I'll have to wait for real internet for photos as my phone doesn't make for a very fast connecting.

Thankfully today is a quiet, relaxed day so I can have a go at my socks and jumper, or maybe I'll start some of my Christmas presents; I'm already 6 days behind schedule!

Casting off...

No comments: