Sunday 7 March 2010

A New Start

Casting on...

I've done it! I finished the socks!


Here is one of them!


The first one went really well, took me a while but I finished it and it looked good!
I'm still not sure if I can talk about the second one... It started off great! I got down to the heel in a single evening, turned the heel during my afternoon off. It was going really great! But then somehow... I managed to pick up the stitches in the wrong direction, sadly I didn't notice until my sock was half the right way in and half the wrong way in... so I had to purl the foot instead of knitting it. Well until I did something odd which meant purling made it the wrong way again! I've no idea how it happened, it was the most stressful sock ever. I almost wept on the train, thankfully not as the train was busy, might not have been my sanest moment.

I did some shopping on my way up to Newcastle and got some very nice wool and a pattern. As soon as the sock was off my needles and out of sight I was casting on! I'm really pleased with it so far. Just a simple jumper, a first for me!



Casting off...

1 comment:

Lauren Ipsum said...

Wow! Fantastic work! :-D